I stayed at Via Via with my parents and partner. We had 2 different rooms and this review is of our opinion based on our 7 nights stay experience at Via Via Guesthouse in Jogja. It is in no way represent the opinion of others. We have no personal or business relationship with this establishment nor are we receiving any form of incentive from them.
Date stayed: 31 Jan – 7 Feb 2014
Type of Room:
Our Room – “BALI” Room : AC & private bathroom, Rp 200.000 per night
Parents’ Room – “PAPUA” Room : AC & private bathroom, Rp 225.000 per night
ViaVia Jogja, Jl. Prawirotaman 30, Jogjakarta.
Phone: +62 274 386557
1. Great location. Within walking distance to all the highlights of Jogja.
2. Breakfast included. Every morning, we were served with fabulous appetizing breakfast. And, the best thing is – it is freshly prepared and different every morning. Oh, they even prepared breakfast for us even though we were up real early to go to Borobudur and Solo. Talk about great service.
3. Clean and cosy place. We felt right at home.
4. Staff was helpful. top-notch staff. Kudos to all.
5. Great security. This would be a really safe place to stay for single female traveler.
6. Good stable reliable WIFI.
7. Nice garden area for breakfast and just hanging out for the evening.
8. Affordable price for exceptional service.
9. Oh, I love their jasmine ice tea. Refreshing!!
1. Lounge was a bit limited but not a major problem. It’s not really a place that you can hangout with people. But you can still do so in the garden except if it rain.
2. No blanket unless if you ask for it. Given blanket was really thin. (Can’t really say this is a con because it’s more of a personal preference. I really need a blanket to go to bed)
3. Some picture in the room can be a bit daunting to look at especially the reddish feet. (Again – personal preference.)
4. At times, room can be smelly due to bad air-circulation. But it hardly bother us much. Once the air-conditioning is on, the smells goes away rather quickly.
5. We had one of those bamboo bathroom shower but it look dark and appeared dirty. But it’s not dirty, it just look dirty because of it’s color theme and the lighting. I think this can be easily fix accordingly.
Sleep Quality: /5
I would recommend Via Via Guesthouse in a heartbeat. No question asked. For a backpacker on a budget, this place is a gem!