This review is of our opinion based on our 2 nights stay experience at Super 8 Hotel and in no way represent the opinion of others. We have no personal or business relationship with this establishment nor are we receiving any form of incentive from them.
Date stayed: 30 Dec 2013 – 01 Jan 2014
Type of Room: Superior (Queen Size Bed)
Paid: RM$118 a night/a room
81, Lebuh Tye Sin, 10100, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia.
Tel : +6-04-263 5888
Fax : +6-04-263 5027
E-Mail : reservation@Super8Hotel.com.my
1. It is about 10-15 minutes walk to Komtar (which is just about the central of Penang).
2. Big Room.
3. Reasonable stable WIFI in certain part of the room.
4. Good shower.
1. The sink was leaking.
2. The non-smoking room smelt of strong cigarette and musty odour.
3. Only 1 thin layer of bed linen that looked really old. Perhaps, the management should consider replacing all its linen.
4. Staff was clueless about customer service (they weren’t rude, just cold and not helpful with question or attempt to make your stay more pleasant) and hardly speak much English.
5. There was a slight smell to the blanket.
Sleep Quality: /5
In comparison to some of the accommodation that we have checked, I think it’s quite reasonable priced. The room was really spacious. Some improvements can be made such as replacing the linen, and removing the smell of the room. We really appreciated the parking that was provided by the hotel. Limited space nonetheless. It wasn’t bad nor anything to brag about. We were satisfied with the stay despite the smell.