This review is of our opinion based on our 1 night stay experience at Flash.Back Homestay and in no way represent the opinion of others. We have no personal or business relationship with this establishment nor are we receiving any form of incentive from them.
Date stayed: 29 Dec 2013-30 Dec 2013
Type of Room: Double Bed Room
Paid: RM$108 a night/a room
41 Lebuh Acheh, 10200 George Town, Malaysia
Phone: 012-475 2453
1. Great Location. It is located within the heritage area.
2. Room and the whole hostel was clean.
3. Friendly staff.
4. Great shower. Water pressure was really strong.
1. Blanket was more like a polar-fleece scarf. I am pretty small and it fit me nicely but it hardly cover my partner. He is about 176cm.
2. Toilet and shower is downstairs near the entrance to the hostel. A bit odd but in saying that, it has great shower head and the water pressure was fantastic.
3. Only 1 small sink for hand wash. The design was creative but not functional in my opinion. I have a picture above that you can see.
4. The rooms are all ceilingless meaning that everyone can hear everything you say and do. It was bit hard as we constantly need to be whispering to be sure that we are not bothering other people. It wasn’t helpful too that our neighbour decide to use their hair dryer before 7am in the morning when we stayed there. Thus, we canceled our reservation and move to another accommodation. This is the first time we ever had to cancel reservation and move to another place. So if you are a light sleeper, do keep this in mind.
5. We also had problem having a stable connection to their WIFI.
Sleep Quality: /5
Some Suggestions to the management:
Perhaps thinking of ways to sound proof the room would be a great start. Plus I also felt that it’s such a waste of the air-conditioning as none of the cool air remain in the room due to the open ceiling. It’s not environmental friendly too. A more stable WIFI connection would be another perks.
Just my 2 cents!
For the same price, we could have better room and WIFI. At the current stage, I don’t think I will be recommending it to people. But, with the above improvement, we just might.