This review is of our opinion based on our 3 nights stay experience at Five Stones Hostel and in no way represent the opinion of others.
Date stayed: 24 Dec 2013 – 27 Dec 2013
Type of Room: 14 Bed Mixed Dorm
Paid: SGD$31 a night/per person
61 South Bridge Road, #02-01 Singapore 058691
+65 6535 5607
1. Fantastic location. It is unbelievable close to nearly all the attractions that you would like to visit such at Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, walkable distance to Chinatown, MRT is within 5 minutes walk and a bus stop right at your door step. PERFECTO!
2. Room and the whole hostel was exceptionally clean.
3. Personal lockable locker for your use.
4. Staff was well-informed, friendly, helpful and courteous. They are always smiling too. Nothing beat a friendly smiling staff, right?
5. Complimentary breakfast and free coffee & tea all day.
6. Super fast stable WIFI which traveler like us really appreciate.
7. Awesome atmosphere. We felt right at home.
8. Reliable and great security. I would strongly recommend this hostel to any female traveler travelling alone to stay here.
9. We love the lounge as it was well-equipped with comfy couches, bean bags, heaps of great books, a big telly with lots of dvd. It was really cozy. We love hanging out here.
10. Great designed hostel. We love seeing the creative mural.
1. You can hear some sound/noise from nearby bars and pubs due to the location. However, the hostel provide ear plugs for all guests for free. So that solve the problem. It didn’t bother me because I always sleep with earplugs when travelling. I can’t really put it as a con but just an extra piece of information for you when deciding. It really wasn’t too loud at all. However, I am not sure if these applies to room with window.
2. I wished the staff had informed us about the “Special DEALS” that Five Stones has with some of the major attractions as they do give some discount according to Five Stones website. It’s a shame that we missed some of them. I only saw these deals after the trip. My lost.. 🙂 No biggy!
3. The only small inconvenience is the male/female showers being on different floors. Male showers are on the 2nd floor while the females on the 3rd floor. Again, this didn’t bother me as the showers were really strong, clean and well-designed.
Sleep Quality: /5
Some Suggestions to the management:
During my stay, there were a few female that spent quite a decent time using the mirror to do their makeup. Due to the placement of the mirror that was in front of the sink, it was quite hard to have easy access to it. Perhaps an extra mirror can be placed elsewhere or in the shower area for this purpose so that other guests can have easier access to the sink and not feel that we were disturbing their routines.
Just my 2 cents!
My partner and I had really enjoyed our stay here and we would definitely recommend it if you are in Singapore. We would surely return in a heart beat if we were to return. Kudos to the management and keep up the great work, Five Stones!