The organiser of the conference had arranged for me and other participants to stay at Kiwi International Hotel this year. I had the opportunity to stay here for 2 nights and this review is of my opinion and experience. It is in no way represent the opinion of others.
Date stayed: 17 Nov 2013 – 19 Nov 2013
Type of Room: Ensuite Double + Single Room
Paid: N/A (The room was paid by the organiser of the conference)
411 Queen Street, Auckland City,
1. It’s right in the central. On upper Queen Street. So excellent location.
2. Pleasant and helpful staff.
3. Airport shuttle stop right at its door step.
4. The bed and pillow were comfortable.
5. Well-stocked with tea and coffee.
6. Hairdryer was provided which was awesome.
7. Free parking for guest.
1. The wall was really thin. You hear whatever your neighbor was doing or talking.
2. Design is dated. Real ugly.
3. The lift is extremely slow not that I need it. I was on the first floor.
4. Breakfast was the worst I have experienced from all the hotel I have stayed before. But thumbs up for the restaurant staff. They are all really nice and friendly.
5. Noisy at night. (Not the hotel’s fault) but due to the location of the hotel.
6. The towels, bed sheets and blanket have a real strong chemical smell to it. The smell was overpowering.
7. On the second night, there was a party going on at one of the room near to mine. Again, wasn’t the hotel’s fault. The night staff was efficient by giving the ‘noisy guest’ warning around midnight so that helps.
Value: (The website’s price is $99 ($109 for Fri & Sat))
Sleep Quality: /5
Honestly, this will not be a hotel that I would return on my own. Having said that it is located centrally with reasonable price accommodation.