This review is of my opinion based on my 1 night experience at Verandahs Backpacker Lodge and in no way represent the opinion of others.
Date stayed: 16 Nov 2013 – 17 Nov 2013
Type of Room: 5 beds mixed-share dormitory
Paid: $28 a night (with BBH card the price is $25)
4-6 Hopetoun Street,
Auckland Central, Auckland
New Zealand, 1011
Ph: +64 9 360 4180
Fax: +64 9 360 9465
1. It’s strategically located. Walking distance to the central (Queen Street), Ponsonby, the Historic Western Park and Karangahape Road (K’ Road).
2. Room and the whole place was clean.
3. The view was great. I can see the Auckland Tower and the Western Park.
4. Room was spacious.
5. Lots of eatery near Ponsonby. You won’t go hungry.
1. The receptionist was not very knowledgeable about Auckland nor New Zealand in general which I think is not too helpful to tourist/backpacker who just arrived in town. However, it didn’t bother me as I am quite familiar with my way around.
Sleep Quality: /5
The communal kitchen looked well-equipped even though I didn’t get a chance to use it. I only stayed one night to bridge my stay as I was moving to a hotel the next day. (I was in Auckland to attend a conference).
It was a great stay for me and I highly recommend it if you are in Auckland. Would return if I am in town.