Visited on the 26th December 2012 (Wednesday)
Summary from Ancient Angkor Books Guide (Michael Freeman & Claude Jacques)
Date: Late 12th century (1191)
Reign: Jayavarman VII, alterations by Jayavarman VIII
According to the ancient Angkor guide, Preah Khan was more than a temple. It was a buddhist temple with over 1000 teachers. Imagine that. I wonder which university around the world now has even 1000 teachers in a place?
Why Preah Khan was my favourite? Honestly, I can’t give you a reason. I just love it. There’s just something serene about it. Lost and mystical. And, I can’t help but to imagine the many teachers that once walked in this place. Imagine what they taught here? Such a huge university city and so much knowledge to embrace.
- Siem Reap Visual Overview #5 – More Temples & End of Day One! (theorientnomad.wordpress.com)
- The Angkor Wat Bike Tour (mensjournal.com)
- Siem Reap Visual Overview #4 – Temples Walkabout (theorientnomad.wordpress.com)
- Siem Reap Visual Overview #3 – Sunrise at Angkor Wat (theorientnomad.wordpress.com)
- Siem Reap Visual Overview #1 (theorientnomad.wordpress.com)
- Where I’ve Stayed: Happy Angkor Guesthouse, Siem Reap (theorientnomad.wordpress.com)
- Our Highly Recommended Tuk Tuk Driver in Siem Reap (theorientnomad.wordpress.com)