Date stayed: 1st Jan – 4th Jan 2013
Type of Room: 3 Bed Private (Shared bathroom)
1. Great Location. Central.
2. 5 Mins walk to BTS.
3. About 8 Mins walk to MRT.
4. Personal locker.
5. Awesome and helpful hosts.
6. Close to malls, night markets, bars, restaurants, 7-11, and anything you can think of.
1. The individual door knob is really noisy. I think it’s due to being new and heavy. So when one closes the door, it gave out a loud “click” sound.
2. The tour that Smile Society organised for us was horrible. Not the hostel’s fault. But I don’t think it’s a good reference to be associated to that tour company. Check TripAdvisor for the review on the tour company – MAM Tour.
3. The shower pressure was a bit too low for my liking.
Sleep Quality: /5
Smile Society is a new hostel in a great location. 5 mins walk to the BTS. About 8 mins walk to MRT. The hosts who are sisters. They were really nice and helpful to us. They answered all our questions promptly, arranged our bookings and even gave us tips on which islands to visit.
We initially booked an ensuite private room but was informed that there was a plumbing problem with the room reserved for us. So we were asked if it’s ok to go for a private room (meant for 3 ppl) without ensuite. We were fine with that.
Breakfast was free available 8am – 10.30am. Even during the days when we had to go off on our early day trip, the sisters even packed us breakfast to go which was a really nice touch and we really appreciate it.
The room was big and clean. The only thing was that because the door knob is new and heavy. Whenever someone closes the door, the “click” is really loud. I kept hearing them at 5am in the morning.
Another small suggestion for the owner was maybe to put a wee curtain on the gap of the wall for room that is sharing wall with the shared bathroom. The light that shine through into our room whenever someone turn on the light in the bathroom is really bright.
Other than that, we had great nights with Smile Society. They were easy-going, helpful, always smiling and great. A great hideaway in the central.
Contact them at:
130/3-4 Silom Soi 6 Silom Road, Bangkok 10500
Tel. +6681 442 5800, +6681 343 1754
Fax. +662 634 2331