First created and made on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2009
My Home Cook Claypot [aka Microwave] Chicken Rice
I actually successfully replicate Claypot Chicken Rice without the claypot! hhehhehehe…. And, it’s pretty easy.
Am so happy that I tried it. The taste was almost perfect. Just lacking the salted fish ..though……maybe, next trial…i’ll hunt for salted fish… Yummy!
Even the look, also aren’t too bad, rite….??
Well…for those who yearn for Claypot Chicken Rice, you can try to replicate my recipe. I didnt even cook it with the rice cooker.
My Claypot Chicken Rice aka Microwave Claypot Chicken Rice Recipe.
For 1-2 person
- About 300g of Breast meat (You can use thigh or whatever you fancy)
- Handful of chinese mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- Spring Onions
- Lettuce for presentation
- 1 cup of rice & 1.5 cups of water *(I uses Long Grain Rice, so it’s less than 1 cup & 2 cups of water)
- 2 tbs chinese rice wine
- 1 tbs sesame oil (if you fancy this stronger, you can put more)
- 1 tbs dark soya sauce
- 1 tbs light soya sauce
- 1 tbs sweet soya sauce
1. Marinate the chicken meat with the sesame oil, chinese rice wine and all the soya sauces as above. Seal it up or put in a close container and leave it in the fridge. [I let it sit for the marinating at least 30 mins]
2. Remove stems from mushrooms & slice it into the size that you fancy.
After 30 mins later, i came down to prepare the rice.
3. I put the rice and the water into a microwaveable bowl. Leave it in the microwave for 10 – 15 mins.
While waiting for the rice to cook. I took out the marinate chicken.
4. I love garlic so, i have some garlic and stir-fry the garlic and the marinated chicken together with just a bit of oil [Important: **Just add the chicken, without the excess marinade sauce**]. Then, add in the mushroom last.
[ You can add more taste if you find it not tasty enough while stir-frying it P/S: I did add a small teaspoon of brown sugar =) ]
5. When the rice is ready, add it your chicken & the mushroom on top of your rice. Then, **add the excess marinade sauce on top. Don’t use all coz you want the effect to look like the actual claypot chicken rice where the rice is slightly stain but, not thoroughly.
6. Then, put everything back into the microwave for another 5 mins or so.
7. And, you are done. For presentation, (LOL!) put some lettuce on the bottom of a new plate. Stir your claypot chicken rice and serve. Oh…add the spring onions on top too.
** You can add an egg or salted fish or lap cheong ( Chinese Sausage) if you want.
And, you are done….. Be assure — you will impress some friends…