[My Old Post from Blogger.com]
- Kavera Road
[Stayed from 23rd Nov to 02 Dec 2010]
Lovely place. It’s a family run backpacker. Simple, clean and the hosts (Bill, Anna & Tisa) are just fantastic. Nothing fancy, so if you are expecting something extravagant, this is not the place to go.
- Huge, well- equipped kitchen
- Room is simple and decent – no air-conditioning, just fan
- Large compound that you can wander around
- Clean showers and toilets
- Offer fresh papayas (paws paws – that’s what they call here in Rarotonga) and bananas in the morning
- Everything are cleaned daily
- 2 minutes walk to the main street where there is a row of shop [Convenient Store (not cheap but, just in case), a small café – served great Chinese food and Smoothies…., bicycle and canoe hiring place (they even do introductory diving day tour)]
- The beach is just across the main street. However, we prefer to walk slightly further down, clockwise towards The Dive Center where the beach is much better.I think it’s called Aroa Beach, right in front of the Rarotongan Resort. Scooters/Cars hiring from Budget are also in this area.
- A great way to experience local life
- Smaller hostel but great atmosphere to mingle around
I would definitely come back to this backpacker if I would go back to Rarotonga. I just appreciate the simplicity and friendliness of the environment. Nothing pushy like some other place. Just love it. I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.
Oh, not forgetting…they offer the best vegetarian Island Night Meal. Yum!!! I am missing it already…I was even convinced that I’ll become vegetarian if I’m served with such lovely meal every night..
My ratings out of 5 Stars!
Room Cleanliness : 3.5/5 The room is really clean except that the sheet is slightly smelly.
Kitchen Cleanliness : 4.5/5
Value for Money: 4.5/5
Staffs Helpfulness: 5/5
Describing Backpackers International – Love the Island Meal, [Tisa, Anna & Bill] are the loviest people, and I love the papayas!