Coming from an asian background, food plays a huge role in our daily life. Perhaps, that contribute to my travel habit to always hunting for local delicacies/cuisine/food first thing when I reach a new place.
And, isn’t that part of experiencing a new culture? Everyone has their own way of discovering one’s culture and, mine is thru my taste senses and warming up my beloved tummy. Yum!
The hunting part as well add the fun and excitement to the travel. Imagine finding that secret local spot that is just around the corner, or tucked around a secret alley.
– look for a busy restaurant/cafe (it usually have a reason for being busy – perhaps, it’s just really cheap or really really tasty)
– ask local (I usually like to start by asking the staffs where I’m staying in)
– night/weekend markets especially in Asia
– online (I usually google for local bloggers that blog on good food)
– lastly, but NEVER my favorite source is the guidebook
So, try it out! Travel with your tastebud!
“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” James Michener